Wednesday 2 January 2013

Into the new year



The New Year is here and it rains once more. Is there no end to it?

However, some good things have already happened.

Firstly, & this is a great source of relief, is that I’ve finally managed to complete my statement of reasons for the appeal. It all sits in an envelope, ready to be posted when we go out later today.

 Now we just have to wait & see what they say. I can relax a bit. The pressure is off until I hear the result. I feel I should succeed as I have made a good legal case, citing legislation & precedent. Thank goodness for my legal training at university 40 odd years ago. You never know when it will come in useful.

Then we had a very pleasing phone call from an old friend. It’s always good to chat with friends, especially when they’re such long-established ones as this one. Malcolm we both met at university 40 odd years ago. Indeed he introduced us to each other.

This friend mentioned his wife had sent us an e-mail, which I hastily read. It was a lovely warm one, full of love and good wishes. In the process I also discovered we’d got an e-mail from some friends we'd met on our Rhine cruise holiday in 2011. They live near Cardiff, rather a distance away to meet up much. It seems they’re intending to come up to Lancaster July time so hopefully we can meet up – something to look forward to.

So maybe 2013 is going to be a mixed year, with some good at least, some happy moments. Much I suspect is going to depend on health and benefit problems.

This morning I’ve got a curry plopping away. We’re both looking forward to some spice. We’ve not had much since before Christmas. The Fox did make a spicy spag bol last Sunday but that’s it.

When I first suggested I used up yet more left over turkey today, the Fox’s reaction was a deep sigh & “Not more turkey! I’ll be spitting feathers next.” I looked at my list of freezer contents. The next item was cooked chicken so I did suggest I made a chicken & vegetable pie, though I couldn’t help thinking it was still poultry & I knew the Fox is intending to do Chicken à la King tomorrow. Then I suddenly thought why don’t I make a curry with the turkey. The idea of turkey suddenly appealed to the Fox when he knew it was to be curried. It will be the last of the turkey for a while. The rest can remain in the freezer for the moment.




No comments: