Saturday 12 January 2013

A quiet morning




I’m having a quiet morning. The Fox was decidedly off-colour yesterday.

At first he was fine. We got off to the fish shop. Entry to the road the shop is on was closed. There had been a big fire there earlier in the week, sufficient to get onto the BBC local news website. As a result we had a bit of a walk (push of me).

As the afternoon progressed the Fox became increasingly shivery. He couldn’t keep his hand still. He tried going on the computer but couldn’t control the mouse. I felt him &, to me, he seemed to be burning up. He reckoned it’s just that I was so frozen anything would seem hot. I think he was feverish.

Come dinnertime, I set about cooking the cod we’d bought. We had a starter of some Morecambe Bay potted shrimps on toast. The Fox struggled through eating them – had difficulty with swallowing. The pot I had, though, was as sweet & juicy as ever, a real treat.

I was relieved to think at least fish should be easy to swallow and digest. So we came to the cod, baked on a bed of onion & tomato. The Fox tried one mouthful. Same result – dry, tasteless, acidic. He abandoned it & wandered off to the lounge. I finished my meal, had some of his fish.

All evening he looked & felt poorly.

It was with some relief I see this morning he obviously opened a tin of soup after I went to bed. Hopefully he managed that so maybe he felt a bit better later on.

So this morning, I’m taking it quiet in case I need my energies to look after him. I certainly don’t see any point in preparing food if he’s not going to be up to eating it. For myself I would just get something delivered by one of the local takeaways. 

I’m just hoping he’s going to be brighter than yesterday. I don’t think it’s going to be anything too serious, a mild bout of flu perhaps. But fingers crossed ….



No comments: