Wednesday 23 January 2013

Change of plans



As you may have realised from my last blog, we were hoping to get away for a few days this week.

Having finished on-line on, I get on to doing some of the telephoning chores I had to do.

Suddenly we had the car having its MOT & service today Wednesday. Needless to say that means no car to go anywhere, let alone on holiday. Still I thought we could go away on Thursday. We were only hoping for a couple of days

Then I ring the hospital to find out what had happened to the appointment to see Gastroenterology again for the results of the MRI scan, now some three weeks away, not the two I was told to expect.

They’d lost my notes. The person I finally got through to was horrified to realise that I hadn’t been sent an appointment. When she did finally re-find the file she discovered I was suppose to be returning after 6 weeks, which would have been a couple of weeks ago. Even allowing a delay while they were waiting for the MRI results I should have been seen by now. The appointments are made by a separate out-patient department. She gave them a right blasting & has arranged for me to have an emergency appointment on Saturday. Bang goes the few days away. Maybe next week….

I will be relieved to have gone to see this department of the hospital. The abdominal pains seem to be worsening again - not too severe so far but they are becoming more severe, more frequent and more long lasting - so I want to know what's happening. I'm clearly not entirely back to normal.

No comments: