Sunday 30 December 2012

The Injustice



The rain pounds down yet again. There seems to be no end of it this year. A lone blackbird hops disconsolately around. He looks miserable. The wind blows. Everyone is staying inside. I’m just hoping the new year brings better weather. A bit of warmth and sunshine would be nice, though at the moment just dryness would seem a bonus. I suspect there are an awful lot of people in this country feeling the same, especially those who have been flooded out of their homes.

A travel brochure came through the post. I’m half looking at it. I wonder if I’ll even be able to go away, especially abroad, between my health & benefit problems. And 2013 will also bring the time for renewal of my Disability Living Allowance (DLA). I just hope I don’t have as many problems with that as I’m having with this Employment Support Allowance (ESA).

I do resent feeling that I have to put so much effort into just getting what I’m entitled to at a time when I’m not really feeling well enough to take on the fight. And yet, there is a bit of me that says even if I were to win the EuroMillions, I would still fight. I feel I’m fighting not just for me, but hopefully making it easier for others who may be in greater need & less able, to get what they’re entitled to. It’s the injustice as much as anything else I rebel against. The government just shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it. That anger is what drives me on, keeps me going. But I will admit I’m dreading the backlash when it’s over & I feel I can just sit back & relax.

No comments: