Friday 28 December 2012

Getting ready


I hope you all had a good Christmas. We had a quiet one. We spent the afternoon watching Disney’s “The Lady and the Tramp”. I was struck by how much Disney must have disliked Siamese cats.

In fact, over the holiday period, we’ve watched a lot of animations. We also watched “The Snowman”, “The Snowman and the Snowdog” & “Ice Age: a Mammoth Christmas”. All had a certain charm that brought out the child in me.

Yesterday I got back to the question of benefits & the appeal. A few further questions have been answered. I’m that bit nearer to actually writing the appeal. The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced I am in the wrong group. If I don’t look out, the present decision will be injurious not only to my wallet but also, & this is almost more worrying, to my physical & mental health.

But, first before I get down to this, I have yet another trip to the hospital, this time for the MRI scan. At present I’m on the required three hours without food or water. Needless to say, within a quarter of an hour of starting, my stomach rumbled, my throat felt dry, but it will have to wait now until the scan is done.

As we’re in Lancaster for the hospital, we’re hoping to have a quick look around the sales – maybe get ourselves a nice calendar – and possibly
collect a few holiday brochures in the hope I will be fit enough to go away somewhere. For that matter it is to be hoped a holiday is possible with this appeal &/or whatever work related activity is being required of me in the meantime. The urge for an unwind & some warmth is great for both of us. At least a brochure or two may enable us to dream a bit.

No comments: