Friday 23 November 2012

Recovering

We're actually got a day with no commitments, no trips to surgeries or hospitals, a chance to get on top of things. 

Yesterday was indeed another tiring day. We had to be at the hospital for 8.50am. Getting across Lancaster in the rush hour is a nightmare. Our 15 minute trip became 50 minutes. It wasn't helped by the fact it looked as though a ferry had recently docked at Heysham. I'm guessing that from the number of heavies from Ireland that seemed to be heading through Lancaster in order to get to the motorway & the rest of Britain.

Once there we were seen promptly enough. Sure enough I need a size smaller for knee braces. Indeed my right leg has lost so much it is almost two sizes down.

This is quite the easiest way to lose weight I know. I'm eating as well as ever, indulging in chocolate & buttery foods from time to time, & yet the weight just keeps coming off. It's just as well I was rather overweight to start off with, otherwise I would be getting quite worried. I've still got some spare flab I could afford to lose. I just wish it wasn't off my legs. But that's the way with diets. You always seem to lose the weight from the parts you don't want to lose it!

So today is another day for recovery of energies. With luck we may venture out to Snatchems to see friends. We will certainly need to venture out for some milk. We're nearly out of it & mugs of tea are essential. I can do without alcohol but no tea really would be dire!  

No comments: