Wednesday 21 November 2012

Oh so tired!



It’s yet another grey day. Still at least it’s a quiet day. For once we’ve no appointments. The Fox is taking the opportunity to do some cooking – a Ham & Asparagus Risotto no less. We’ll have plenty of fried mushrooms to accompany it.

Yesterday was the trip to the surgery. Like a twit I forgot to take the form with me. Fortunately we were early. I realised before I’d even checked in. The Fox hastily went home to find it while I stayed there in case the nurse felt she could go ahead once I told her what it was for. She decided she’d sooner wait. It was probably just as well. When she saw the list of required tests she had to check which colour of phial she needed. Now we have to wait for a couple of weeks for the results.

Tomorrow I’m off to be measured for some new knee braces. My present ones are forever sliding down. It’s partially that they’re getting rather old & less elastic, partially that I’ve lost so much weight. I’ve suggested it would probably be wise to re-measure as I reckon I need a size smaller. We’ll see what they make of it.

Life seems all about medical appointments at the moment. One of my teeth has been causing me problems for a while now. I’ve just not felt confident of attending any appointment. Even now, when I’m feeling so much better, I’m aware I’m also feeling so tired & stressed with all the hospital trips etc that I feel I’ve put up with toothache this long, I can wait a bit longer. A bit of rest seems more important.

The Fox isn’t doing too much better. He’s still tires far easier these days, post-stroke. We both could do with a chance to put our feet up, a holiday in the sun perhaps, to perk us up.

No comments: