Thursday 28 June 2012

Off out again

We're off out for a meal again tonight. It's strange how it goes. We don't eat out much, then in one week we eat out twice.

This time we're off to a Gourmet meal at the Pub. It happens to be PD & Lin's ruby wedding anniversary (40th) at the weekend. This meal is a bit of a pre-anniversary celebration. Mr P, the retired music teacher, & his wife may be coming too, depending upon how her ME is doing.

We're also off out earlier. It's Farmers' Market week & we've ordered some meat to collect. These days we rarely buy our meat from the supermarket. The quality is just so much better & most of the time the price is similar. I can't quite get over pork that tastes of pig & bacon that sizzles, a gammon joint that you can bake in foil without opening the foil to find it full of liquid. This market is also good for game. I just wish someone would come along wth a good selection of quality fruit & veg. I also wish the cheese stall would return.

We're thinking after the market we might go to our village pub for a drink & maybe a snack. That way, with a bit of luck, I will manage an afternoon nap which will help me to keep going through to a later evening meal. We've managed to persuade the Pub we wanted our meal at earlier than most people - everyone else will be eating at the set time of 8pm - but even so I'm a little anxious about eating so late. I have a tendency to drop off to sleep mid-meal, just too tired to have any appetite. It takes all my effort to stop my head landing in my plate & letting the snores take over. That would be a pity for a gourmet meal which sounds like it should be something special. We'll just have to see how it goes.

No comments: