Friday 15 June 2012

Getting sorted

I've just been writing an e-mail. The world suddenly went dark. Next thing there was a great noise as something came slamming against the window. I look out. It is the sheer volume of rain, mixed with a little hail. Clearly today we're making up for the rain we've avoided all week. 

I had been thinking I might write about the patio area of our garden that was covered with white dots this morning. On closer examination, I saw they were tiny flowers. I realise they were from the elder bush in a neighbour's garden. The great frothy umbels have separated into individual flowers, hence the dots. All this has now been washed away under the sudden downpour.

I have finally managed to sort out the Fox's nurse's appointment. I rang on Tuesday - I said I would have to - to discover the nurse had allocated an appointment for him next week. When, I wondered, were they going to let us know? If I hadn't rung, would he had have been one of those missed appointments they complain so much about, just because nobody had deigned to let us know the time? I discover the answer. They finally rang yesterday to let us know.

I've also managed to make an appointment for my ears to be syringed. I did it at our nearest surgery in person - they tend to be more on the ball there & we had to go to collect our repeat prescriptions. The earliest appointment they could make was in August. They did apologised it was so late & wondered if I still wanted to make the appointment. I couldn't help pointing out if I didn't take it now, it would probably be September at the earliest before I had another chance. 

Meanwhile I shall continue with the drops. If it clears up I can always cancel that appointment. As it hasn't cleared up yet, I suspect I will be needing it. Meanwhile I have to go around half-deaf with a vague feeling of having my head underwater.

No comments: