Saturday 19 March 2011

Yet more

Yesterday's visit to the doc's took longer than expected. The Fox got increasingly worried as he waited. And waited for the best part of half an hour as I was being seen. He'd thought it was going to be one of those anti-alcohol pep talks. I'd feared it was going to be something worse.

It seems I now have Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) to add to my problems. I'm only mild so hopefully they should be able to control it with appropriate medication.

I am left wondering whether my high blood pressure & tendency towards anaemia are a result of the CKD, or the CKD is the result of the high blood pressure & tendency to anaemia. Either way I've got it.

To start with they're upping the blood pressure pills. I have to go back next month to see if that is sufficient. If not, I will be put on statins.

Oh what it is to grow older!

On a more cheerful note we had some news from my Cousin Trudy. She's having a party to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary & we're invited. So, hopefully, we'll be off once more to Stoke later in the year. That's something to look forward to at least.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

here's hoping the medication gets the CKD swiftly under control - just wondering which of the many ailments should have pride of place on an SOS bracelet!