Sunday 11 October 2009

Getting back to normal

It's strangely disorientating being home. Neither of us seem to be sleeping well, despite a more comfortable bed & temperature. And the blessed silence! We can't quite understand why this should be. We've not been home long enough to be stressed out. I suspect it has to do with the fact I, at least, half-expect to wake up in Pompei once more. I seem to return there in my dozes. Even in my waking hours I feel I'm only half here. The rest of me is still in mid-flight over Europe.

We've been hastily getting on top of the washing. There always seems to be so much to do after a holiday. There's also a pile of post to wade through.

Then, too, we've been catching up on what our friends have been up to in our absence. We've been down to the village pub as well as the Pub. The Fox always feels more at home when he's been able to have a good pint of real English bitter. You don't seem to get anything like it abroad.

Life will soon be back to normal.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

"The Fox always feels more at home when he's been able to have a good pint of real English bitter".

And I'll say cheers to that!