Thursday 5 February 2009

A break for fish

Yesterday's trip to the kitchen shop worked out well. A kitchen for less than £10,000. We could easily knock down the price if we wanted. We would need to make a few changes anyhow, but at least we feel we've definitely found one place that does work of a high standard without charging the earth. We're now having a think about it.

I had intended to spend this morning perfecting the design produced, but I find my mind is resisting the whole idea of even looking at pictures, let alone working out relative storage space etc. Time we had a break. I think we both feel we've had enough for the moment.

So instead I've turned my mind to food & working on my next shopping list. We're hoping to get off to the fish shop this afternoon for some mackerel for the Fox to cook for today. The sky is very grey & one forecast, at least, suggested snow should arrive by midday, so there may well be a change of plans. If we do go, we will also buy a couple of pots of Morecambe Bay potted shrimps. The shrimps are just so sweet in their spiced butter that we can never resist - a welcome treat at any time.

No comments: