Wednesday 14 March 2018

Spring flowers




Each day I look at this pot of daffodils. Their cheery flowers make me smile. They bravely come out despite the cold & grey. Just near the bins there is one lone little daffodil flower, another symbol of courage & new life on its way. It even managed to poke its head through the snow when it came.

One of our friends is in a camera club. In the next fortnight she’s been set the task of taking some pictures of spring flowers. Unfortunately she has no flowers yet in her garden. She has no early bulbs to come out. Whenever we go out I find myself keeping my eyes open for good swathes of flowers, be they crocuses – our deep purple ones in the front garden are looking particularly resplendent at the moment – or daffodils to recommend to her. I have suggested coming round to us but she’s aware we’re busy at the moment trying to get ready for our holiday. She doesn’t want to get in the way.

 
In the front garden

No comments: