Monday 5 March 2018

Looking ahead


It’s so good to get back to something like normality. I’m still blowing & coughing but I feel much better in myself. I can even avoid the blowing & coughing long enough to prepare food once more. We’ve even got some appetite back.

It is with great pleasure that I’m thinking of cooking salmon today. I’ll probably do it en papillote with some sweet chilli sauce, though that may turn into herb & white wine yet. The potatoes are parboiled ready for sautéing this evening. The Fox is going to make a smoked haddock fish pie for tomorrow.

Over the weekend we booked another holiday. You can tell we’re trying to make up for the last year’s lack. This time we’re thinking of a summer cruise along the Norwegian fjords. I have fond memories of visiting Norway when my father was working there. It is a stunningly beautiful country so the trip should be good. The Fox has never been.

No comments: