Monday 10 June 2013

Undecided



Yesterday we sat in the garden, eating our evening meal. It had been hot. We decided that today, we would have a salad. We would be going out anyhow (GP appointment) so we could easily buy some fresh bread to have with it. I’ve already got a tin of tuna, some tinned cannellini beans, some beetroot & the ingredients for a dressing in the store cupboard. Certainly yesterday it was almost getting too hot to want to stand near a hot stove cooking.

So this morning I get up, thinking there was no food to prepare. So this morning it is overcast and considerably cooler. There had been some rain during the night. As I result I’ve peeled some spuds. We can have the Ham & Egg Sauté I’d been originally planning.

As I took the peelings out to the compost bin, I was greeted by our neighbour. She reckons the weather is going to pick up later on. I’ll leave parboiling the potatoes until later on, just in case. If necessary, the Fox can used the peeled potatoes in the Hampton pie (a potato topped pie with minced leftover gammon in the base) he’s making this evening for tomorrow’s meal.

I’m due at the surgery at 1pm, time enough to decide what the weather is doing, whether to stop for some bread for the salad or go home and parboil the potatoes for a few minutes for the sauté. We’ll just see how the day goes.

Weather has been a source of some interest to us recently. On our holiday, we had several damp days. It was fascinating to watch the clouds come down over the mountains. They swirled around, constantly moving, hiding & revealing sights as it went. It made even the days spent quietly in the hotel entertaining. 

From our front hotel balcony

Again from the front balcony
From our second balcony at the back


No comments: