Tuesday 4 June 2013

Another holiday booked?!



As you may have realised by now, we expect problems booking holidays. What is more we usually run into them.

Having had such a good, reinvigorating time in Italy, we’ve decided to try to book a second holiday for later this year, in France this time.

Over the weekend we sought a pleasing hotel in Burgundy, around Beaune. Most were the sort of place that is fine for an overnight stop, a couple of days even, but not a full week, let alone a fortnight. None of those that appealed for a longer stay had available rooms for such a long period at the time of year when we’re hoping to go.

So yesterday, we decided to turn our attention to the idea of a gîte in the south of France. We made a shortlist of half a dozen possibles.

This morning I rang up to get extra access info before possibly booking. Imagine my amazement when the first place I tried seems to be good. They’re going to check with the owners first to make absolutely sure but all looks good.

I can’t quite believe it! I’m now trying not to let myself get too excited in case they ring back with some problem. It’s just going so easy! Too easy, perhaps!

No comments: