Thursday 14 March 2013

One down, another gained



Well that’s one less clinic to visit at the hospital. I’ve once more been dismissed. There will be the inevitable 3-monthly mammogram, but that’s it.

Just as well. Yesterday seemed like a real waste of a day. It took us 45 mins to get through the Lancaster rush hour traffic to get to my 9.30am appointment. We were out before 10 & on our way home.

I was given the option of another appointment if it would reassure me in some way. Personally I think I’d just as soon wait until I see a symptom that worries me. I know I got in quick enough when that happened last year.

I got home to see the post had arrived. For me there is a letter from the surgery. At my annual check-up last month, my blood pressure had been high. They apparently reckon I need ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Hopefully they will find out it is a case of white coat syndrome. I really don’t need them to find anything else wrong with me. As it is I dread to think what the premiums are likely to be for our holiday insurance. I’m sure they will have shot up with my pancreatitis & breast cyst problem.

By the time I’d recovered from the hospital trip & my letter, I felt little inclination to do much. Fortunately we had something for dinner that required little preparation. I had a lazy afternoon jigging.

And to think I’m also supposed to be looking for work!!!! Who do they think they are kidding?

No comments: