Sunday 5 August 2012

A few things sorted

After nearly three hours at the hospital, we finally got the outcome. It seems I have what is probably a cyst in my breast which has probably got temporarily infected resulting in the bleeding. This would seem to be confirmed by the fact that I have not bled since that week that started this inquiry. A biopsy has been taken. The results will not come through until Tuesday. However, the doctor is reasonably confident that it is a benign cyst. She is rather more concerned to hear I've been having a lot of abdominal pain and feels I ought to suggest to my GP that he checks that it isn't a re-emergence of the cancer I had over ten years ago. Assuming the results of the biopsy come out as expected then I will be recalled every four months for a while just to keep an eye on the situation. There is an outside chance there is polyp in the milk ducts which will have to be removed. 

While I was going for the various mammograms, ultrasound, biopsy etc, the Fox crossed the road to the Audiology Department. They've now dismissed him. He is to continue to use the hearing aids as much as possible. Hopefully, with time, the tinnitus will improve. And, sure enough, on Friday evening he did have a short spell of silence without the constant ringing. Regardless of that, there is nothing more the hospital can do. Fortunately the Fox managed to get back to my side of the road in time for my results.

Later this week I'm off to see the GP for the results of the blood tests I had taken some weeks ago. I will mention the hospital doctor's theory while I'm there. My one conclusion is that the abdominal pain increases with stress. Wednesday was a nightmare of a day as far as pain goes, both from my knees & my abdomen. But then stress does tend to take a toll on any weak spots wherever they are.

The benefit form has gone off. I can only hope that all goes well. I'm now awaiting the almost inevitable call in for a medical. I suspect there will be no avoiding that. 

In the meanwhile we are trying to relax, get back to normal & tackle some of the everyday tasks we've been putting off. As well as keeping the residual anxiety under control. Let's hope for the best.
 

No comments: