Friday 2 September 2011

Still waiting

I'm still waiting. I feel I've been waiting all week.

I suppose I always feel a bit unsettled when it's a Bank Holiday weekend. My sense of the days of the week gets disrupted.

Then on Tuesday we went out, with it being our wedding anniversary - another disruption, enjoyable but undeniably another a disruption.

Wednesday was a day of waiting as the garage had said they would be round to sort out the car. They came, but a spare part had to be ordered, so more waiting. They said they would be around again as soon as the part arrived. Next day perhaps.


So yesterday I waited for the man from the garage to return. No sign of him. Presumably the part didn't arrive. 


So now I'm waiting for two things. One - the man from the garage. Two - the man to service &, if necessary, repair the gas fire. The fire wouldn't light the other very cold evening. We'd even ended up putting on the central heating. It was just so cold. But it seems ridiculous to have to put on the central heating when you just want to take the chill of one room for an hour, maybe less. The fire is due its service later this month so we thought we might as well get the two jobs in one go.


So it is, I sit here, tapping away on the computer, one eye turning to the window at every sound or sign of movement in the street, waiting. And waiting.


Even the day seems to be waiting. It's one of those dark brooding sort of days. I feel rain is in the air but doesn't seem to coming down. Just waiting like me.







No comments: