Saturday 10 September 2011

Going better

We've finally got space in the garage. Kelly & her partner came round to take away the dining table & chairs. Suddenly there seems masses of space. I wonder how long it will take us to refill it?

Meanwhile yesterday I managed to make a meal that, whilst not exciting, was reasonably well cooked. It was a vegetarian main course soup. I even used Big Ears, our new slow cooker, for the first time. Until now it's been the Fox's toy. Much as I try to persuade myself all the lentils & chickpeas are every bit as nutritional & filling as meat, I can't quite convince myself. Just occasionally I enjoy of vegetarian meal. I feel I ought to have a go at them. We do have vegetarian friends & one of these days we might end up inviting them around for a meal - unlikely I know. Disability & entertaining don't go - too demanding, stressful & tiring.

I do at least feel encouraged at the sight of the great slab of belly pork, currently sitting in the fridge ready for cooking this evening. Having a break has certainly renewed my enthusiasm for cooking & hopefully the results will keep it going.

The car's been repaired, at not too great an expense. The only cause of anxiety that remains is the fact the tickets haven't arrived yet for our holiday. We're due to be off in just over a week. We're reluctant to order the taxi to the airport until we have the times & flight numbers confirmed by the actual ticket. We've known them to change times substantially, incurring some inconvenience, not to say cost, to reorganise other arrangements such as parking & taxis. Hopefully they'll be here Monday. Then the last pieces of organisation can fall into place & we will be ready for go.

No comments: