Monday 24 June 2019

Getting there


He managed it. The Fox cooked the fish finger & chips dinner yesterday. He was pretty shattered by the time we’d eaten but at least he’d managed it. This I find reassuring. Maybe now he can start to help me a bit more with cooking. We may even be able to start to think of cooking more interesting things to prepare & eat. 

I’m not rushing it. He still hasn’t got his appetite back. Familiar food does have more attraction to him at the moment, but we are one step nearer getting back to normal. Today’s dinner is simple – omelette & chips. I thought I might add some herbs, possibly chives from the garden, to add to the flavour a bit.

This morning someone is coming from Social Services to explain how I can use the prepayment card they sent to us a couple of years ago now. They were supposed to come then but never arrived. We managed to work out by ourselves how to use the card to pay the care agency for the person who comes every week to keep the house clean but that’s it. We never use up the full amount of money as we don’t quite know what else the money can be used for. We may finally discover today.

No comments: