Friday 7 October 2016

One down, one to go



It’s all go. Yesterday when we got home from the food shop, I noticed the answerphone was flashing – a call from the hospital. I’ve now got one of the two appointments. For 9am! I hate to think what the traffic is going to be like at that time of day. It may only be about 5 miles to the hospital, nonetheless it took us 55 minutes to get in last time & that was for 9.30am. We’re half-wondering whether to find ourselves a hotel in Lancaster, or at least on the hospital side of Lancaster, for the night before. It might be worth the cost for the reduction in hassle.

Now I’m half-expecting to find the post today brings a letter with the surgeon’s appointment. I hope that’s at a better time!

It’s good things are going so quickly. One thing I am aware of concerning cancer is the need for prompt action. The sooner the op’s over, the better my chances of a full recovery are.

No comments: