Thursday 12 November 2015

Good things to look forward to



Having booked our trip to the Netherlands we’re now trying to decide what bit of France to visit next year. I see from the stats for this blog I seem to have gained several French readers, so maybe you have some suggestions. Do tell.

We’re currently flip-flopping between going down to the south of France & the Med, or to try a new area for us such as Alsace, Brittany, or around Orleans or Annecy. I suspect, though, this time we will go by air. We haven’t even decided definitely on that score.

It’s good to have something so cheering to look forward to in the rather miserable weather we’re having at the moment. Today for once it’s dry & the sun has even shown his face. I’m half-expecting our gardener to turn up, as this sounds as though it will be the only chance she has this week to come. More storms are forecast for later today & throughout the weekend.

The only creatures that seem to be appreciating the weather are the slugs.  I keep finding great huge beige & orange ones dragging themselves across the paved area of the garden. I’m scooping them up for a journey to the tip, anywhere but on my tender plants. They’ve already eaten many of the violas I planted out last month.

Mentioning the garden reminds me of my surprise to see new shoots popping out of the ground. The snowdrops & crocuses are already starting to appear, though nowhere near flowering – another something to look forward to. This mild weather seems to have sent the plants’ clocks skewy. The roses are still budding up. The lavender, largely dead-headed for the winter, is now once more sending up purple spikes of flowers. The rosemary is in flower. All very strange for November.



No comments: