Friday 9 October 2015

More trouble?



I’m half-expecting the squeak of the gate as Carol, our gardener, arrives. She usually comes on a Friday, weather permitting. The sun is shining so I have difficulty imagining she won’t be coming today. She’s doing a brilliant job of keeping on top of such a large area.

As the summer’s gone on, we’ve noticed the arrival of various butterflies. Bees & other insects abound. Linda, our home help, suspects a hedgehog has moved in. We know the frogs are around. The number of blackbirds are on the increase. This morning I noticed three males without looking particularly hard.

Yesterday was dentist day. We’ve now got another couple of appointments for the fillings that had come out. I’m more perturbed about something the dentist found on my tongue. He’s going to have another look when I next go, but it may be a case of a referral to hospital. As if I needed yet another reason to visit hospital! Meanwhile I’m to keep watch & report any change, especially if it turns ulcerous. Oh dear! I never usually look at my tongue but now feel very aware of it.

By the time we were done, & had a quick trip to the golf club to dirty our teeth once more with one of their excellent bacon butties, we came home. We were both a bit low, the Fox due to weariness, myself in an anxiety about my tongue. Come the evening we decided to abandon the Corned Beef Hash we were to have & go instead to Ricky’s, our favourite Cantonese restaurant. The food & company was as excellent as ever & did much to restore our morale. The Corned Beef Hash we’re having today.

No comments: