Saturday 10 October 2015

All change



Was it really only a couple of days ago I wrote about reducing pressures? Well, they’ve certainly grown since then.

As you will realise after reading yesterday’s blog, the first pressure concerns my tongue. I’m telling myself it’s nothing to worry about, but that doesn’t stop the worrying. I know it could be nothing, & probably is nothing, but I can’t help being aware of the problem, especially as I’ve been told to keep an eye on the situation.

Then yesterday I read a much loved friend’s blog, to find out that she’s been diagnosed with a heart murmur. She’s being referred to cardiology. Again I’m telling myself it’s nothing to worry about but I can’t help worrying.

Finally I got home yesterday after going out, to hear the phone ringing. It was the care agency we use. They were ringing to notify me that they were ceasing trading in 28 days’ time. I suspect that’s the price of all those delays in payment from the council. Most of their clients are paid for by the council rather than privately.

So now, I must look again for a care agency. First thing on Monday I will be on the phone to the council for the latest list of care providers. I certainly don’t want to go back to the company we used to have. The only other agency I know of offhand in the area doesn’t sound much better.

Even more am I concerned for Linda, my care worker, who presumably is out of a job. She’s a single mother with two school-aged children. She’d only just got out of debt, when her car gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago & she had to get another one. Now she will be jobless. I just hope she can find something soon, for her sake & that of her family.

It never ceases to amazes me how so many things happen at once. Tranquillity never lasts long. It’s a case of making the most of it while you have it.

No comments: