Monday 8 June 2015

Minor miracles



The time of minor miracles seem to have arrived.

One happened on Saturday, when much to my amazement, I received a letter from the council. I’ve finally got the voucher for my new shower seat. I only applied for it in January! I’m just glad I put in my application before my old one totally disintegrated. Hopefully we will exchange the voucher for a seat sometime this week.

Now I only have to do battle with the council over the proposed payment card for the respite care we receive. Linda, our home help, has continued to come every week but we have paid nothing. Last week the agency did ring to ask whether we had received the card yet. I assured them no, though I had had a verbal confirmation that I would be getting sufficient to pay their fees. They were very good, & not unduly pressing. However, I know they are a small independent company & it seems unfair to me that they should have to wait so long. After all they have wages to pay all this time. Maybe it’s time for another go at the council, another reminder to them.

The other miracle is that summer finally seems to have arrived. We’ve even dined out in the garden once. I’ve been longing so much for a bit of sunshine to really appreciate the new garden. Things are opening out. A beautiful large pink clematis has manifested itself. Unfortunately, before this good weather we had bad – lots of winds, 60 mph at that. So it is that the house now has lilacs in one vase in the kitchen & irises in another vase in the lounge. But today is calm with bright blue skies – just right to sit out in & relax.

No comments: