Wednesday 5 November 2014

A bit of a change



The celeriac is plopping away. We’re having creamed celeriac by way of veg to go with today’s Turkey Quiche. 

It’s not often I cook with celeriac. It’s one of those veg I tend to forget about. However, last week I bought a root to put some in a Shepherd’s Pie. There’s a lot left. 

Yesterday the Fox cooked a Tuscan Chicken & at the last moment we remembered the half of aubergine so he added it along with the tomatoes. In the process I also came across the celeriac & thought, puréed, it would be rather nice with the dryness of the pastry of today’s quiche, hence the plopping away now.

I rather like the gentle celeriness of celeriac. I find cooked celery a bit much, a bit overwhelming, but the gentler taste of celeriac is enjoyable, especially when it is tempered with milk or cream & a bit of butter. I’m really rather looking forward to it. It’ll will make quite a change.

No comments: