Saturday 25 October 2014

Getting a few things done



I’ve finally managed to talk to one of our neighbours. While we were away in France he built a wall, topped with a lattice fence, to demarcate our property boundaries. He’s done a really good job. We’re now waiting until the better weather next year to add some paint – we’re thinking something terracotta to complement the colour of the stone of the courtyard garden there. We’ve been looking out ever since to thank him for his efforts & to offer to pay towards the cost of it. I’ve finally managed to do so.

Meanwhile we’re desperately trying to read the manual to our new car. Technology has certainly advanced since our last car was made. Now we’re trying to learn about not having a hand brake, lights & wipers that come on automatically, cruise controls, speedlimiting controls etc. etc.

The Fox at least is now feeling more confident of his driving. I’m not sure I am. My one venture out was when we went to do our food shopping. I found it a nightmare as I tried to get familiar with the different controls at the same time coping with lots of traffic.  I’m not sure I even want to have another go. I’m telling myself I must as I may have to do some driving at some time in the future. I’m hoping we can have a nice day soon when we can venture off for the day. I suspect I would be happier if I could practice on some quieter roads first until I can get used to the controls & the proportions of the new car. I just hope that day comes soon.

No comments: