Wednesday 10 September 2014

Hospital time again



It’s hospital day again today. This time it’s a check up on how the pancreatitis is doing.

Personally I think it’s doing well. For the first time in about 5 years, my weight seems to have stabilised. I have been losing weight gently since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. The weight loss increased considerably when I got pancreatitis a couple of years ago. The speed of loss slowed down again after a few months but still continued. I’ve finally got to the stage when my weight seems to have settled. Indeed I may even have put on a pound. Throughout the time I’ve eaten like a horse which is why I’ve found the weight loss so concerning.

I’ve certainly had no stomach pains for a while despite the fact I am drinking a little alcohol.

The Fox keeps asking me why I’m so keen to attend this appointment, even chasing them up about it. There are three main reasons:

1.     If they dismiss me I will no longer have to declare it when I apply for holiday insurance, a considerable saving
2.     Having got into this state as a result of long term use of medication I would like the reassurance that the use of statins, begun in May, isn’t likely to have the same effect
3.     I am also hoping to be able to stop taking the omeprazole I was prescribed for the pancreatitis & so reduce my drug intake that way

We’ll see.

Meanwhile we’ve heard the new car should arrive mid-October, which will suit us fine. We will be back from our French holidays then. Our car insurance is due for renewal at the end of October, so there will be no fuss over stopping that. We can hardly expect to reclaim money spent for a couple of weeks left in the year, nor will we have to worry about finding insurance for a couple of weeks only. It will be something to look forward to when we get home from Paris.

No comments: