Monday 27 January 2014

The car & birds



It’s been a busy week hence the silence. Hopefully this week will be quieter.

The car is off for its service & MOT tomorrow. That will inevitably mean a quiet day at home. We are lucky to have a garage that comes to the house to collect the car & return it when it’s done. But being without a car inevitably means I’m housebound unless it’s dry enough for me to go out on my electric scooter. That seems unlikely the way the weather has been lately.

Last year the car didn’t return for several days. Repairs were needed. Stupidly we forgot to get my wheelchair out of the boot before the car disappeared. That really meant we felt housebound.

Over the weekend I did the RSPB annual Big Garden Birdwatch. I was surprised to discover we’ve had a change of birds. We’ve gained a raven & a pair of rooks. Usually the only members of the crow family we have are the magpies. That pair remain. It’s the small birds that have disappeared - not a dunnock in sight. My next job will be to send in the results.

No comments: