Monday 13 January 2014

Deafening

It's hospital day once more. The Fox is off for his physiotherapy session at the Queen Vic. Last time he went in not feeling too bad. He came out hobbling after a gruelling massage. It certainly left him wondering why anyone would volunteer for a massage or pay extravagant prices for one. I wonder what will happen this time. We're certainly not planning on doing anything too demanding afterwards, just to be on the safe side.

We've still not settled to looking at any other holiday ideas. We'd got ourselves so worked up in anticipation about the last one that any other holiday seems poor by comparison. Or maybe it's a case of being told you can't have something makes it seem all the more desirable. Whichever is the truth, we've come to no conclusions & are even having difficulty in raising the enthusiasm to look. However, we know we will be ready for a holiday by the time we've survived the trauma of having the new garden made. If we don't get started on the hunt soon it will be too late to book one.

I'm feeling a little stunned this morning. The Fox gave me a boxed Terry's chocolate orange with exploding candy. I've never tried the version with exploding candy. I never realised chocolate could be so noisy. As I eat a slice, there is a deafening series of pops in my ears as the candy explodes orangely in my mouth. I find it quite off-putting much as I enjoy the chocolate orange flavour. It's strange how disconcerting it can be.

No comments: