Wednesday 24 April 2013

One down



The phone rings. It’s the nurse who supervises my Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD). She’s seen my blood pressure readings from the ambulatory blood pressure readings. The average readings ended up being on the high side but just within acceptable parameters. She had noted my discomfort throughout the procedure, so I would probably be a bit lower under normal circumstances. She was even more reassured when I pointed out that it was more likely to be high due to the pancreatitis than anything to do with my kidneys. I will not need to see her or have my medication adjusted. All I need to do his have my annual check up next year as usual.

That’s one of our medical worries out of the way before our holiday. Now we wait to find out about the Fox. He has to have another blood test next week & is due to see the GP the Friday after that to find out if there are any conclusions about what is causing his stomach upsets. Hopefully it’s nothing to spoil our holiday plans.

Meanwhile we’ve had to go shopping for yet more fencing panels as the severe winds we have had of late has blown one almost to smithereens. Unfortunately the new one comes metric sized which means it won’t exactly fit in our imperially placed concrete posts. Still they’ve given us some wood to fill the small extra space. Now we await our gardener, Al, to come next week. He’s happy to do small odd jobs while he’s here doing the garden. If nothing else we need some extra muscle as the panels are 5ft high & quite heavy, not helped by having to fight around the shrubbery to get the panel in.

Still, for all the wind, it’s lovely to feel the days getting warmer. I even got the washing out yesterday – first time this year. When we go out we can appreciate the cherry blossoms starting to appear on the trees. The narcissi are opening in our shady garden. The trees are putting on their green summer garb. It’s definitely beginning to feel like spring is here, even if it is still fighting off the odd icy blasts.

I’m turning my mind about what to pack for our holiday. Is it going to be warmer than here? Warm enough for lighter summer clothes? I’m not sure. Looking on the net I see the temperatures in the area where we’re going seems to be on average 10˚C higher than here, around the 20˚C mark. However, I suspect it will be a lot colder if we want to go up one of the many cable cars to the tops of some of the snow-clad(?) mountains. I’ll certainly be taking some warmer wear. Layering is always my answer. The only question is how light my lightest layer should be.

No comments: