Wednesday 20 February 2013

Loose end



I’m feeling at something of a loose end. The Fox is doing dinner tonight – a lasagne with Parma ham instead of minced beef. He’s made it in Big Ears, our slow cooker, the first time either of us has tried cooking pasta in it. My jigsaw is finished, but I always like the Fox to see it complete before I take it apart & start a new one. If the sun was shining & the temperature a bit higher, I might be tempted to tidy the front garden ready for the spring, but we’re back to grey skies. It’s been lovely to see the first snowdrops & crocuses opening up in the recent sunshine. I don’t want to read much as otherwise I’ll be bookless when we go away. So what to do? I’ve finally decided to come on-line.

The meeting yesterday went well. I wish the interviews with ATOS & other benefit agencies, could be as relaxed as those with Social Services. It seems we will probably get an increase in the number of respite vouchers we’ll be getting this year, rather than less.

Meanwhile we wait to hear from Italy….

No comments: