Thursday 7 February 2013

Electronic frustration



I’m beginning to wonder if I should be writing a blog today. I’m beginning to wonder if the computer hasn’t taken against me.

Coming on-line, the first thing I tried to do is to check our e-mails as we’re expecting an important message any day. What happens? An error message. I try various things & find there’s no important message come yet. I wonder if it’s been put in the spam box. No, but then I have difficulty getting out of the spam box, followed by problems logging out.

My frustrations have continued as I’ve tried to get to my blog site. I accept its my fault for putting in the wrong password but then the computer is reluctant to let me out again without signing up for a new blog site. Eventually I’ve got out & reloaded the website & signed in correctly this time.

Now, of course, my equanimity has evaporated & with it my ideas of what to write about. I had had thoughts of telling you about the wood-pigeon & the collared dove studiously ignoring one another as they sit on either side of the archway in the trellis. Or maybe it would have been either how magnificent the Pennine hills are looking under their thick blanket of snow or how awe-inspiring the rollers look as they crash onto the beach, a boiling cauldron of foam. Perhaps it would have been the Fox’s culinary attempt for today – Fried Mushrooms with Pork & Beansprouts – or my Turkey Shepherd’s Pie of yesterday. Maybe it would have been the Fox’s eagerness to organise an autumn & a Christmas holiday, both for later this year. As it is I’m just feeling drained by the attempt just to get on-line to write anything very exciting.

No comments: