Tuesday 4 May 2010

Nearly there?

And so we come to the pack. I hate this stage of going on holiday. It's not so much the putting of items into cases, that's the problem. It's the deciding what clothes etc to take. Yesterday the bed was covered with all manner of clothing for all weathers. It's always so difficult to know what to take, especially when you are going to foreign climes.

A look at the weather around Nice suggests it's not overly warm yet & we may even have some rain at first. But will that last the whole duration? The answer is layers. At least that way you can put on or off as needs demand. But how much of what? I don't really want to end up washing & ironing while I'm there. There is a washing machine in the villa, & I will pack a couple of washing powder tablets, but I am hoping to bring them home with me.

This afternoon the Fox is off to do his last minute chores while I try to get everything into cases, maybe modifying the pile a bit on the way. His chores are a haircut & a trip to get some euros. We've got some in hand but not enough to cover the deposit on the villa, let alone for drinks, buses etc.

And now, they're on about volcanic dust again. Irish & Hebridean skies are once more closed to planes. What is more worrying is that there is some suggestion the dust cloud will move more over England in the next couple of days. Once more our flight seems precarious. And now it will be too late to change arrangements & go by ferry.

We'll just have to pack, & keep our fingers crossed. Before I sign off today, though, I will have another check on forecasts & make sure the flight is still expected to go. I should have chance to have another quick look tomorrow before we set off.

Oh I do hope it goes. We're so looking forward to getting away for a bit & having a good relax.

No comments: