Tuesday 25 May 2010

Catching up

It didn't take long. PD was on the phone.

"Are you playing out?" he asks. In other words he wants us to go to the Pub & give him a lift back.

To be fair he does want our company there too & it is nearly 3 weeks since we last saw him.

So off we go, forgetting about the intended trip to the garden centre for some further compost to plant the last of the potatoes.

It was good to catch up on news & discover some of the changes there.

When we came back, our newly mown lawn was covered in black, a whole flock of starlings & the odd blackbird. From the raucous bird sounds that fill the air, I'm pretty sure the starlings are nesting somewhere in the garden, the first time for them. Indeed most years we hardly see a starling except in winter. The blackbirds have been nesting regularly for a few years now.

I'm trying to turn my attention once more to my Disability Living Allowance form. The form suggests it will only take half an hour to fill in. So far I've spent several mornings on it! And I'm still only half way through it! I'm telling myself it won't harm to give myself an extra few days to return from the holiday before I get back to such a depressing chore & the realisation of just how much worse my health has become since I last filled in the form three years ago.

No comments: