Monday 4 April 2016

Confused & frustrated

I’m feeling absolutely lost. The main computer is back & I’m on it. In the process of cleaning the system up, some of the programs have changed. So now we have a new word processor which works quite differently from the old one. I'm desperately trying to find a font that will write "I'm" rather than "I' m". As for trying to save, I can't even find the icon. The only way I can manage is by using autosave which isn't much use if I want to save to a different drive. I can't see why they had to change the program. It's driving me bonkers! I can only hope hings become clearer, and easier, with practice. As it is I'm almost tempted to take the computer back to the shop & demand they return it back to how it was, mud and all.

I usually write my blogs on the word processor, copy & paste it onto the blog writing site. (The latter is very basic, with few fonts or colours for example, so I normally prefer the greater freedom of the word processing program.) Now I copy from the word processor something that looks like normal paragraphs to discover, when I paste it, it all comes out as one long line of words. I've then had to put in end of line breaks to make it readable on one screen. What is worse, when I try to add, or remove words, change grammar etc. in editing the text, the system won't allow it. Instead I have to retype the rest of the paragraph. To produce this blog has taken me considerably longer to do than normal.

I just can't cope this early in the morning with all this frustration.

No comments: