Wednesday 23 April 2014

One mystery solved, another to go



I seem to have been oh-so tired over the weekend. I’ve finally worked out why.

I’ve suddenly remembered that on Friday I finally got out and tidied up the front garden a bit.  It took a couple of hours but finally all my new herbs are planted (and thriving by the looks of things). My hands are scratched all over after my tussle with the rampant oregano.  All this gardening is far more exercise than I normally get & I suspect that’s what’s wiped me out. By Saturday night I was asleep in the chair by 9pm (I was nodding off from about 7pm.) I got off to bed but didn’t wake until after 8am. A similar thing happened on Sunday. I picked up on Monday. I got the washing out on the line so ended up popping in and out changing the items, & bringing the dry things in. I even managed to stay up until nearer midnight but I still didn’t get up till nearer 9am. I’ve clearly been overdoing it.

Today I was intending to do the ironing. However, in view of the fact we’re off to do the food shopping, a more urgent priority, later on, I‘ve decided it would be wiser to have a quiet morning, give myself a chance to get up a bit more of an energy store.

With this in mind the Fox cooked the chicken for tonight’s dinner in Big Ears, the slow cooker, overnight. He used some chorizo. I did tell him to leave what was left in a plastic bag in the fridge & I would sort it out in the morning. I’ve hunted through the fridge but I can’t find the chorizo. The recipe called for 75g of chorizo. He can’t have put the whole 200g stick in. Or can he? That’s certainly going to be my question when I see him next.

I’ve looked in the bin as well & I can’t find the wrapper so hopefully there’s some chorizo somewhere & I’m just blind. Much as I like chorizo I can’t help thinking I was looking forward to a chicken and chorizo stew, not a chorizo and chicken one. I suspect the latter might be a bit overpowering in it’s paprikaness.

No comments: