Thursday 29 August 2013

Busy doing nothing



This week has sped by. This is the first chance I’ve had to get on the computer. I’ve been trying to think what has taken up so much time. Nothing much.

As you’ve probably realised by now, mornings tend to be my time to do my thing, It’s the time of day when I’m most with it, at my best both physically & mentally, so the Fox feels he can leave me on my own without too much anxiety. So what have I been doing these last few mornings?

Monday was dominated by the needs of getting the washing done & put out on the line to dry. I wanted to get it done quickly as I expected a visitor in the afternoon who would need to go into the garden. I had a short trip out to the shops on the Mean Machine, my electric mobility scooter, to by some fresh bread to have with the salad we had that evening for dinner. The trip took longer than expected as I got involved in conversation with a couple of lots of neighbours.

Tuesday turned into the mammoth ironing day. It took over two hours. It’s a good thing I can sit down to the job otherwise it would never get done.

Yesterday was just an off day, one of those days when you feel everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Eventually I retreated to bed for a reassuring snuggle with the Fox. I told myself it maybe had more to do with overtiredness than anything else. That probably explained why I was getting myself rather depressed about things.

Today the Fox is cooking. He asked me to get some potatoes boiled ready for his corned beef & lentil pot this evening. I’m also expecting the home help to come along to clean the place up.

Monday also saw the landscape gardener return for another discussion about our plans. I think we’re finally managing to get our ideas over to him, for him then to turn them into reality. We don’t expect to hear from him until the end of next month when, hopefully, he will have got some more detailed drawings and a DVD giving us a virtual 3D tour of the proposed new garden.

It’s also dawned upon us we’re off on our holidays very soon now & we still haven’t got our flight tickets. A hasty call to the travel agents has located them so we’ll have to go in to collect them. We’ll also get some euros while we’re out. I think that is the only thing we really need to organise apart from the inevitable dreaded packing. It’s not so much the putting into a bag I dread it’s the deciding what to take & trying to remember the odd items like the travel alarm, drinking chocolate etc. I wonder what the weather will be like in southern France…

No comments: