Saturday 8 September 2012

Back to waiting

As predicted, the scan found nothing. I go back to see the GP on the 19th. Unless, on further inspection of the results something new is discovered, I suspect we're going to have another wait for another hospital appointment. My conviction that it has something to do with the digestive system, probably the bowels, remains, even grows. In the meantime I have more frequent & more intense  spells of pain, especially at night, around 2am.

On Thursday we both had to go for 6-monthly Blood Pressure (BP) readings. We were not surprised to discover our BPs were up. The Fox's BP the nurse wasn't too concerned about. It was still at an acceptable level. Mine, though, has shot up more worryingly & she insisted I came again next month for another reading. When we explained what had been happening in our lives lately, she could quite understand why our BPs were up - a reflection of our anxiety at the moment. She's hoping, after seeing the GP & maybe being reassured, my BP will go down. I suspect this spell of anxiety is set to go on for considerably longer than one month.

Then, when we came back from the surgery, the fridge broke, not seriously but sufficiently to make it impossible to keep the usual food items in the fridge door. The inside shelving of the fridge was already full of food. We hastily set out again. Fortunately, just a few streets away from us is a discount electrical store. We found another larder fridge to buy. It was delivered promptly next day. We once more have a fridge.
 
Meanwhile we try for a little light relief by watching the antics of a tiny coal tit that has discovered our feeders. It seems incredibly tame. The other day, I put my washing out. It let me come within a couple of feet of it, before flying off. I find something quite endearing about the way the white stripe goes over his head.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

there's nothing worse than the waiting game - uncertainty is one of the worst ailments (alongside all the rest of course)!

Sending some gentle cyber hugs your way - alongside the arrow prayers.

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

Many thanks, the Vixen