Saturday 3 September 2016

More myself



It is with relief that I’m moving around more naturally today. It is hard going getting dressed without lifting your arm up far.

Our gardener came yesterday. As usual, I ventured out with her, to chat as much as anything else. As usual I felt the urge to do a little weeding, too. I avoided any heavy pulling of weeds because of the biopsy incision. I usually sit on Junior, my stick that converts into a stool, & lean down to the ground. I soon discovered that just the rubbing of my arm against the injury point ached. I can only assume it must be very bruised under the dressing. I’ve not bothered to take the dressing off today, as at least it gives some cushioning to the bruising – I found last night lying on that side in bed, increased the ache.

But at least this morning I got dressed normally, lifted pans & the kettle, without worrying. I'm feeling more myself once more.

While we were in the garden we came across an enormous green caterpillar, a hawk moth we would guess. It soon disappeared into another home. Either that or a bird had a very filling snack!

No comments: