Monday 3 September 2018

Dripping blood


Last night I went to bed early – the pay-off for doing the bed change & sorting out the washing. When the Fox came to join me, he sounded low. I ask if all is well.

“No” he replies. I’m instantly more awake.

“Why?”

“My leg’s been dripping blood all evening. I’m so uncomfortable.” It’s the eczema. Since his last visit, the blisters don’t seem to have gone down much despite the new medication. They certainly haven’t disappeared.

I suggest I try to get an emergency appointment for him. He doesn’t see any point. We’re off on our holidays soon. I couldn’t help thinking I’d thought the GP surgery rather than the hospital. It’s obviously too late for the latter, but the GP may be able to prescribe something to keep him going.

It was no time to debate the matter then. Clearly sleep was the most urgent requirement. The debate may go on today. I’m hoping I may be able to persuade him to go tomorrow, if only I can make an appointment for then. Otherwise I can see this holiday being blighted.

Maybe, just maybe, Italy will distract him from some of his problems. Let’s hope so.

No comments: