Friday 20 February 2009

A drowned rat

The Mean Machine had its first outing this year. For new readers, the Mean Machine is my electric scooter. The car had gone for its MOT & wasn't due back until mid-afternoon at the earliest. As it was dry & mild, I decided to venture off out to get some fish for dinner. I had intended to buy some halibut, but ended up buying some sea bass. On the way back I crossed over the road to come back along the Prom. I love to look at the water as I go along, see what birds are feeding. I headed on towards the sea wall through the large gravel patch in a small gardened area. Suddenly great spouts of water rushed skywards, showering me with water. I'd forgotten there was a water feature here, or at least assumed it was switched off for the winter. Everyone around burst into laughter as I came out, a drowned rat. Next time I venture this way I'll certainly be avoiding cutting through big open spaces. I continued on homeward. Soon it started to rain. Only gently, but enough to maintain my wetness.



No comments: