Saturday 7 September 2019

No better news


The news is not improving. On Thursday I went for the ultrasound. I was told it was inconclusive. They would be letting my GP know. Yesterday I had a phone call from the GP.

The ultrasound had in fact shown something suspicious. She wanted to do further tests. She asked how I had understood things so far. I couldn’t help commenting that I had the suspicion everyone was pretty sure I had bone cancer but was afraid to tell me. She confirmed that was the case.

The cause is almost certainly the radiotherapy I had as a result of my breast cancer a few years ago.

The only question that remains is how far advanced it is & therefore what can be done to alleviate the situation. For that there’s a whole lot more tests to be done. They all should be done soon, probably within the next fortnight, as the requests have all be marked urgent.

The next tests are for bone density. They have been scheduled on Tuesday.

I’m now expecting a whole stream of appointments in the near future. Hopefully at the end of that we will have a clearer idea of where to go from there.

No comments: