Sunday 15 January 2017

Endless



It is so wonderful to be at the weekend, with no trips down to Preston. It gives us a chance to catch up on sleep & recharge our batteries for the week ahead.

Part of the tiringness of the whole business is trying to fit other necessary things around the hospital visits. So Saturday morning has become ironing day. Sunday is shower, bed changing & sorting out washing while the Fox does a little cleaning. Last week we had to fit in both our massages & some food shopping. This week we need to fit in the Fox’s massage – my therapist is on holiday so there’s no treatment for me. There will be a food shop – just a top up. Oh, and the home help is supposed to be coming , first time this year.

Now we have another visit to organise – the dentist. Yet another filling fell out last night. Fortunately it is just a dull ache rather than excruciating pain. Somehow I’m going have to see if they can fit me in around the hospital appointments. I seem to have had a lot of fillings needing renewing of late. I don’t know whether it’s the cancer treatment or the dentist just isn’t a very efficient filler. Whatever, the problem needs to be solved.

I need also to make an appointment to see my GP. The itchiness on my scalp is getting worse. I suspect it’s related to stress & that’s all. I also want to check if I shouldn’t be increasing my consumption of calcium in view of the bit of chemo I’m having which necessitates the consumption of calcium.

When will it all? This business seems to be taking for ever. At least this is the last full week of radiotherapy. After that I’m sure there will be another visit to the Breast Clinic. I know there’s more chemo in May. I suspect I will also be put on pills for a while, just something extra to add to my daily intake. It all just seems endless.

No comments: