Wednesday 3 February 2016

Signs



The first white pulmonaria is opening up. Spring must be on its way. The snowdrop buds in the raised bed at the back are fattening up, soon to open out. Golden crocuses are doing the same in the front garden. The winter violas in the front are also winning the battle with the slugs & starting to flower once more. The skies are bright blue. The terrible strong icy wind of yesterday has dropped.

Soon it will be hospital time. I’ve had a look at my tongue. When I first heard from the hospital, there was no sign of any abnormality on my tongue. It is with relief I see a small patch reappear now. I was beginning to think I would be taken as a fraud. I certainly couldn’t see how they could take a biopsy from non-existent patch. I was telling myself that the disappearance was a good sign, but I’m not sure.

Equally the engineer from the company that manufactured the leaking stable door is due to visit next week. Needless to say, yesterday the carpet was dry for the first time in weeks. I can only hope it rains in the right direction before the man comes, otherwise he won’t be able to see the water streaming out from the bottom of the door, soaking the carpet. Still, the way this winter’s been, I suspect it won’t be long before we squeak again on the wet floor. I just hope it’s in time for his visit.

No comments: